Siemens Enterprise Communications has launched the new Release version of its flagship SMB UC solution – OpenScape Office, V3R3.
With this new release, Siemens Enterprise Communications address key needs of SMB customers.
Siemens Enterprise Communications now offer full integration of the OpenScape Office platform into VMware’s ZIMBRA and Apple’s Mac OS. The enhanced OpenScape Office also comes with a Business Applications Launcher.
This move is a result of growing demands from SEN’s seven million-strong SMB user-base in the following areas:
- Provision of a world-class UC solution with deep Groupware integration and seamless UC integration into business applications
- Support for the growing number of Apple devices in SMBs globally
- Unprecedented growth of UC solutions within the SMB Market
Siemen Enterprise Communications’ response to it in detail is:
1. UC-Integration – Differentiating our offering for Resellers:
The popular Zimbra Collaboration Server (ZCS) groupware, which includes email, calendaring and contact services, is now enriched by powerful UC services through OpenScape Office, delivering greater productivity for SMB users. Furthermore, this newly available integration makes it possible to run all communication services SMBs require on one single VMware-based system, thereby lowering the investment into infrastructure. In addition, with the expanded IT integration capabilities, OpenScape Office supports SMBs in integrating communications with business processes to improve productivity.
- Open Directory Service (ODS): an embedded connectivity to external databases. ODS provides access to contact databases, enabling identification of incoming callers by name as well as contact search beyond the contacts stored in the personal address book
- OpenScape Office Application launcher: a client application that allows the launch of any third party business applications, such as CRM apps, based on caller identification, to improve customer service
- Microsoft Office 365 support: OpenScape Office allows flexible connectivity with Microsoft Office 365 groupware
2. OpenScape Office V3R3 delivers all UC functions in one system and enables UC on any device anywhere – UC functionality for Mac OS and customizable UC Client:
With the improved SMB suite, Siemens Enterprise Communications Mac customers get access to a best-in-class unified communication solution. This enhancement aligns with Mac OS growth, as Gartner Group reported Mac OS grew 15.8% in 2010 and shipments of the Mac OS are to grow from 4.5 percent in 2011 to 5.2 percent in 2012. Along with Mac OS support, the user interface has been greatly enhanced to further improve user experience. With OpenScape Office myPortal now serving both Windows and Mac users – as well as mobile devices like iPhones, iPads and Android devices – Siemens Enterprise Communications SMB customers can get instant access to all their communication services through a flexible user interface, completely independent of device and location.
Reproduced with permission.
Contact us today to learn more about the integration of OpenScape Office with Zimbra and Mac OS.